Virgin Atlantic introduces free Covid-19 insurance cover
Virgin Atlantic has launched a new Covid-19 global insurance cover with Allianz Assistance.
The insurance applies to all existing and new bookings, for travel from today (August 24) until March 31, 2021.It covers emergency medical and associated expenses while abroad up to £500,000 per customers, which Virgin says is “the highest value of policy offered by any airline to date, with no excess payment required”.
In addition the cover will pay out up to £3,000 if a customer is denied boarding due to Covid-19, or has to quarantine due to a positive or suspected case during a trip.
The insurance is valid for all customers flying on a Virgin Atlantic ticket, even if the flights is operated by a partner or joint venture carrier such as Delta or Air France KLM.
Highlighted features of the cover include:
- 24-hour emergency medical assistance
- £500,000 of emergency medical expenses if you are taken ill due to Coronavirus during your journey, including treatment, transport and accommodation costs
- Additional costs should a customer be denied boarding due to suspected or actual COVID-19, or if they are held in quarantine, including accommodation, transport charges, refreshments, booking amendment fees and other travel expenses
- Repatriation home, including private air ambulance where necessary
- No excess payable
- Cover for the whole trip, with no upper limit on the length of customer’s time away
- Cover for all passengers with no restrictions on age, travel class or length of journey
- Terms and conditions apply